Monday, June 1, 2009

Curving it up!

So, it's been a while since my last update.  What's new in the Schultz family?  Let's see, we played hookie from school the other day and took the kids to the zoo.  They had a great time and loved being with Mike for the whole day.  Both Jake & Jordyn played tug-of-war with a baboon, and sadly the baboon won.  It was a nice, sunny day, so we brought an extra set of clothes for the kids and let them play in the water-play area.  They both accidentally fell in a bit earlier than expected, but after the initial shock, they giggled.



  We had an amazing time with my mom, and unfortunately she left today.  It sucks having your best friend leave in a place where you get pretty lonely.  I guess we have something to look forward to come October.  

Mike has been doing pretty well.  He had a little slip a few days ago, falling into a giant hole that came with the country town field they played at for one night.  It was right in front of the mound, and as he threw his first pitch, he slipped and hurt his back.  He is much better now, and has pitched twice since I last blogged and since the fall.  The first game he came in with a runner on and one out and struck out both batters.  The second game, he struck two out,  gave up a run, gave up a few hits, and walked a couple.  I guess it happens!  He has blown our mind, and done so well, we cannot express how proud we are of him.  He is on a road trip right now, and will be back on Thursday.  We can't wait!  From the looks of his schedule and all our visitors that start arriving the end of June, we will probably go with him on all the future road trips.  It certainly gets tiring, so things might change.  

As far as I am concerned, I have decided to stop sitting on my butt all day (okay, I don't really, but cleaning 10 hours in a day does not do much for me) and join Curves.  One of the other wives, Jenny, that we hang out with daily, joined as well.  Today was our first day, and to say the least, it was interesting.  We knew how the system worked, similar to the states, and really just wanted to get in and work out.   Apparently it was really funny to the other 7 Japanese women watching Jenny and I.  I am NOT kidding when I tell you that they were all laughing at us.  I am forgetting to mention that the instructors were as well.  Now, don't get me wrong, I am no personal trainer, but surely I know how to use these machines.  Jenny and I were a bit embarrassed and decided that they were laughing because some of them tried to communicate with us, and couldn't, and not because we looked like total idiots.  We are going to go with this theory for the sake of wanting to shape up and lose weight!  

We have been trying to keep busy here, so my mom and I took the kids to a big garden the other day, and played Dora's Garden Adventure.  We let them guide us through the whole thing and even went on "slippery stairs" and "narrow bridges" to get to our destination, feeding the turtles.  We brought a whole loaf of bread and fed every turtle in the garden.  The kids absolutely loved the day.  We have to get creative around here, since there isn't much to do.  




It's also getting pretty hot here, so we bought a mini pool for our balcony. When I say mini, I mean mini. The kids just love getting wet, so that's really all that matters. I will post some pictures of our pool adventures once I take a few more.

So, that is about it for now.  Mike's parents arrive at the end of the month, and we are looking forward to that.  Until then, we will hang around and do our usual routines, baseball games, school, and shopping!  We hope everyone has a great week.

1 comment:

Jamie Cormier Photography said...

What a great update! I want to play tug-o-war with a baboon!!! How cool? I wonder who thought, "Why don't we put a little rope in there and let kids tug on it?"...genius :) As for the Curves thing, I can't believe they have that there! Are the machines the same?