Sunday, June 7, 2009

Festivities!

We have had a pretty awesome weekend since Mike came back on Thursday. On Saturday night, Mike and I had date night where we started at The Shack, which is a bar that has lots of American food. I had a yummy salad bar and some great fajitas. After dinner we played darts where unfortunately, my husband, the pitcher, kicked my butt. I wonder if all pitchers are good at darts, since they know where they want their dart to go. Oh well, it was tons of fun. After darts, we went out to the main street in our town, where the Tokasan Festival was going on. It is a major 3 day party on the streets of Hiroshima, where people have booths of food, games, toys, and other things that we were unsure of. We walked around for a while, watched the street dancers, and got mobbed by people. We were having so much fun, but realized how much more fun it would be with the kids. So, our awesome babysitter brought the kids to the festival and we all walked around, had some treats, and made it a pretty late night. Here is a video of the festival. Enjoy!



We woke up this morning and took the kids to the field where Jake got to play ball with Mike, and Jordy and I watched. Jordyn was having so much fun watching the boys that she got up on the dugout and danced her little butt off (see mini video below....don't laugh too hard).  We were there about 5 hours before the game, and seriously, people were already in the stadium watching batting practice and now, Jordyn dancing on the dugout. We had a game last night and lost and we won today. Mike pitched today and did great! 3 up and 3 down! We are leaving on a road trip starting Tuesday, to Chiba and Seibu. Both are outside Tokyo and the kids and I have never been there, so we are super excited. We will be there for about a week, so I will try and post pictures throughout the week. Enjoy your Sunday!
Jordy and I watching the boys!

Jake getting some hitting lessons from daddy!



My 2 favorite guys in the world!

3 comments:

Alysa said...

2 things:

1. I would totally eat that octopus
2. Did you teach Jordy to dance?

Hee hee! Love ya!d

Lewis Family said...

Ok, that was hilarious!!! Gosh I love her!!!

Jessie said...

i just would really like to squeeze that girl....and I am a little worried that she may never overcome her shyness....:)