Sunday, July 25, 2010

Oh Where, oh where can the Schultz's be?

Wow, I can't believe I haven't written in forever....sorry, time has flown by! Well, by now most of you know we are in LA while Mike is rehabbing from his back surgery. He had it done almost 6 weeks ago, fixing a herniated disc, and removing a cyst from the same area. We are all so relieved that he is doing great, moving around, and seeing a physical therapist to get him back into his baseball regime. He is slated to return to Japan early September sometime, and will then come back home near the beginning of October. The kids and I are staying put for a while!




Jake and Jordyn are going into Pre-K this year, and will be graduating pre-school next June. We didn't want them to miss their pre-school graduation, so we won't be heading to Japan or wherever Mike is next season until June sometime. We will then come back to LA early September so that my sweet, almost, 5 year olds will be starting Kindergarten. Holy Moly! I honestly cannot express my adoration for those 2 kids. It is an honor to be their mom, and every day they surprise me with new things. They are always going on playdates, and I have to tell you, it is one thing for people to tell me how cute they are, but it is another thing, for people to tell me how well mannered they are. That means more to Mike and I than anything.

Jake is excited to play T-ball, basketball, soccer, and take karate in the fall. He tells everyone he meets what sports he will be doing. He is so unbelievably smart as well; the things that this kids comes up with just baffles me. The other day he asked me what was under the street. It took me a moment to think of an answer but waited for him to tell me what he thought instead. How on earth does he think of these things? Jake is also very aware of both his sisters. He just adores Zoe and loves to make her laugh. Jordyn is his best friend and it is just the sweetest thing to see. They rely on each other, warn each other about EVERYTHING, and love each other so much!



Jordyn is also doing wonderful. She is my Little Mermaid. She is swimming up a storm, and no pool is too deep for her to "dive" in and get her princess diving sticks. She is really into drawing and writing new words, so we are always playing the spelling game. Our walls are full of gorgeous artwork that Jordy has given us. :) In the fall, she will also be doing soccer, but enjoying ballet and dance as well. The girl is hilarious and makes Mike and I laugh on a daily/constant basis. She is loving being a big sister and is a humongous help with Zoe.



Zoe is fantastic. With the exception of her recent sleep habits, she is a wonderful baby. She will be 6 months old tomorrow and is one of the happiest babies I have ever seen. She is always smiling and can watch her big sis and big bro for hours on end. She is just about sitting up on her own and eating everything given to her. She is a big girl, and we just adore munching on her rolls and thunder thighs! It is amazing what pleasure she has brought into our lives. We have had one crazy and hectic year, and yet nothing seems terrible when we look at our little girl!


Well, that is one heck of a long update. We will be in LA for a while, so some stability is nice. I will definitely try and update a little more often! Take care!

2 comments:

Jamie Cormier Photography said...

I love this update!!! What a beautiful family!!!!!

Jessie said...

I can't get over how big the twins are getting. And Jordy in the pool? Amazing!
Seriously, please kiss those little thunderthighs for me.
Love it!