Tuesday, January 19, 2010

It's almost time!

Well, it's been quite a while since I last blogged our life, and to be honest, it might be a while that I do it again. SHE'S COMING! We have just about a week left before our sweet girl arrives into our lives. We are so excited and have been preparing for such a while now. The stinky part of it all is that Mike will be leaving on February 13th, just a couple weeks after the birth. The kids and I will be joining him when the baby is healthy enough to fly and I am feeling up to a long day of travel with 3 kids! 3 kids! I still can't believe I am going to be saying that! Anyway, we have had a couple of months of complete fun and chaos at the same time. There are lots of pictures, so enjoy!
37 Weeks
My Future Artists

My family has been dealing with the mental and physical decline of my ailing grandfather, who has recently been moved into the Alzheimer's and Dementia unit of his nursing home. It has been so very hard but we are keeping our spirits high and visiting him whenever we possibly can. Mike, Jake, Jordyn, my best friend Jenny, and I visited him last week, and we took lots of video of him. It was an amazing day and one that we will all remember. I appreciate all the prayers and love many of you have given my family.
Grandpa Al with Jake and Jordyn

We also celebrated Christmas, Channukah, our 6th anniversary, Jake & Jordyn's 4th birthday, my baby shower, and Mike's 30th birthday in the past 2 months. It was almost a constant celebration in our house and time we got to spend with all our family and friends. The offseason is so busy for us, but wonderful at the same time. I have included even more pictures from the past couple of months!

Auntie Jojo with the twins on their 4th birthday
J & J's 4th Birthday Party at My Gym

Celebrating Channukah with Safta at Chinese Food

At Mimi & P's for Christmas

In Oxnard for our 6th Anniversary

Celebrating Mike's 30th Birthday at Cafe Cordiale (surprise party)

My sister and I at my baby shower

Jake has been playing flag football with his "team" and will start T-ball in a couple of weeks. He has actually taken up a new sport that he absolutely loves. GOLF! Mike has taken him a few times to the "big boy" golf course and they actually played 18 holes on a par 3 course. He has his own lefty putter and a 9 iron. I think we might have another Tiger Woods (um, no, not in regards to anything but golf) on our hands and we couldn't be prouder. He has been building a lot at school and has been practicing his big brother role with some of Jordyn's dolls. All in all, he is just my boy's boy who couldn't be sweeter and more lovable.
Practicing at putt putt golf on his b-day

My little fish

Jordyn, my mom, Mike's mom, Mike's sister and I all visited the American Girl store a couple of weeks ago. OH NO! I think I was worse than Jordyn in the store. I wanted to buy everything! She has been really into her dolls and Barbie's lately and changes their clothes nearly 10 times a day. It's really cute when she has Mike doing it for her. Jordyn has also taken a big liking to her swimming lessons. She thinks she's a fish and absolutely loves being in the water. She can swim the length of a pool by herself and it's truly a joy to watch. Coloring is her other favorite thing to do and regardless of where she is, she is pretty creative with what is given to her. She never ceases to amaze us with her personality and sensitivity.
Jordyn with Ava, her American Girl doll

Eating lunch at the American Girl cafe....what fun!

The next month or so will be wonderful and a true blessing, and I am so lucky to have my friends surrounding me for the support of raising 3 kids without Mike around. Mike is gearing up for the season and ready to rock and roll. We can't wait to join him in Japan when the time is right. Until then, we will be in LA visiting with our friends and family, and adjusting to life as a family of 5 (well, kind of).

Present for the Big Brother to be

Every big sister needs a pair of wheels

I will definitely update the blog with some pictures of our expanded family. In the meantime, stay safe, healthy, and enjoy every minute of every day with your loved ones!

Sarah

2 comments:

Ashley Brooke Barden said...

ADORABLE :) I love Jordy's hair now, it looks like a stylish cut! Averie has been asking for a 'bob' so I think she may be getting an a line soon! lol
You look so cute, but I can't wait for that little girl to get here...you will have so much fun and it will be fine, J&J will be great helpers!!
Love you
ash
ps- the word verication was "futthor" LMAO

Jessie said...

Friend, you are too cute! And I can't believe it's already time for your new little peanut! As for the three kids thing- you can TOTALLY do it. No worries. Loved all the pics of your family- lots of happy times! Miss you, Jess