Sunday, October 25, 2009

We're Home!

Sitting at daddy's locker before leaving Japan for the offseason

Okay, so we've been home a couple of weeks, but who's counting? Things have been crazy to say the least, but at least we're eating some great food and visiting with our friends and family.

Jake and Jordyn started school again and absolutely love it. They are getting used to speaking only English to their friends, but still have their occasional Japanese accents when talking. It is truly one of the funniest things ever. Jordyn started her ballet class again and can't get enough of it. Her teacher is our good friend, Holly, which makes it even sweeter. She has also joined the 3-5 year old team and will be performing in holiday shows starting next month. She dances all over the house and sings songs from her favorite Barbie DVD.


Jake has taken a huge liking to golf and soccer. My uncle Alec, bought him some lefty golf clubs and he is loving every second of his "golf time". We are currently trying to find him an after school team that he can play either baseball, basketball, soccer, and get all his energy out. Both kids start swim lessons next week as well, so we are already keeping extremely busy.



Mike has been trying to lay low and catch up on some American TV time. He feels so guilty that he's not working, but then realizes the lack of days off throughout the season, and thus, continues to sit on the couch. I've kept him pretty busy the last couple of weeks, running errands, going to appointments, and of course, shopping! Oh how we've missed Target! I think I have been 10 times since we've been home and it has been rejuvenating. Yes, I said, rejuvenating.

I am feeling really good. I am now 25 weeks and our baby girl is keeping busy inside my tummy. Jake felt her kick for the first time today and nearly did laps around the house. They are both so excited for their new sister. I feel like I am getting a lot bigger, but people say I am still pretty small. I think everyone is just used to seeing me pregnant with the twins, so I guess, I am smaller than I was the 1st time.

This was taken when I was 22 weeks

Mike and I are leaving in a week for Las Vegas. We are taking our annual mini vacation ...AKA....time away from our sweet children. We decided to sway away from the longer, further vacation spots because, truthfully, how much can I do on a beach these days? So, we are heading to the Strip to do some house hunting, show watching, and a tiny bit of Blackjack. Okay, for those of you who know me real well, I am not a little, but a lot excited about Blackjack!

Other than that, not too much else is new. I will continue to post some updates and some pictures as our offseason continues. Before I had out to the market, I will answer the ongoing question.....where will the Schultz's be next season? Well, we still have about a month or so before things could get final, so I will only say this, we will either be in Japan, or back in the States with a team here. :) I know, I am so uninformative! Sorry! Take care and have a great week!

1 comment:

Elizabeth said...

Welcome home! I love your little bump! :) It does seem little compared to last time (last time was downright impressive!), but I know no pregnant woman feels little. Glad to hear you're enjoying the offseason so far!